Adamantius

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2018-03-24 08:53:38

gsnoopy520

athletics-santiago-casilla-jersey

CANNES Robert Covington Jersey , France, May 21 (Xinhua) -- The latest film Nie Yinniang (The Assassin) by Hou Hsiao-Hsien, the famous director from China's Taiwan, was screened Thursday in Cannes to compete for Palme d'Or at the ongoing 68th Festival de Cannes.

In 9th century China. Ten-year-old general's daughter Nie Yinniang is abducted by a nun who initiates her into the martial arts, transforming her into an exceptional assassin charged with eliminating cruel and corrupt local governors.

One day, having failed in a task Nik Stauskas Jersey , she is sent back by her mistress to the land of her birth, with orders to kill the man to whom she was promised -- a cousin who now leads the largest military region in North China. After 13 years of exile, the young woman must confront her parents, her memories and her long-repressed feelings.

A slave to the orders of her mistress, Nie Yinniang must choose: sacrifice the man she loves or break forever with the sacred way of the righteous assassins.

Asked about why he wanted to make this film, Hou said: "the story took place in Tang Dynasty which was a very glamorous dynasty in Chinese history. Women had an even higher place than men at that time. So I thought it would be very interesting."

"It was very difficult during the shooting. The director wanted Nie Yinniang to be someone that keeps her counsel Moses Malone Jersey , including her emotions, but I still needed to show some. It was very difficult to control how much to show," said Shu Qi who plays the leading role Nie Yinniang in this movie.

This is the seventh time that Hou Hsiao-Hsien's movie is competing for Palme d'Or. He won the Jury Prize in 1993 and Technical Grand Prize in 2001, respectively for his movies The Puppetmaster and Millenium Mambo.

A total of 19 films were selected to compete for the top prize Palme d'Or. The 68th Festival de Cannes (Cannes Film Festival) runs from May 13 to 24. Enditem

Photo taken on Sept. 3, 2017 shows the landslide site in Nayong County in southwest China's Guizhou Province Sept. 3, 2017. A landslide occurred at about 10:40 a.m. Monday in Nayong County Maurice Cheeks Jersey , leaving 26 dead, with eight people injured and nine still missing, according to local authorities. (Xinhua)?

Enchanting Xiamen ahead of 9th BRICS Summit

Rice in NE China enters harvest season

Salt fields enter into harvest season in China's Liaoning

Schools in China open recently after summer vacation

2017 Red Bull Air Race to be held in Portugal

In pics: papercuttings made by 103-year-old woman

China's Discovery ROV collects samples in western Pacific Ocean

World Robot Conference attracts visitors in Beijing

NEW DELHI, Aug. 23 (Xinhua) -- At least 15 children have been hospitalized after they fell unconscious following an ammonia gas cylinder explosion in the central Indian state of Madhya Pradesh Wednesday, police said.

The explosion took place at a cold storage facility in Madhya Pradesh's Chhindwara district, some 300 km away from state capital Bhopal.

"Some 15 students at Bharatiya Vidya Mandir school lost consciousness soon after the cylinder exploded in the nearby cold storage facility. All of them were rushed to a nearby hospital Markelle Fultz Jersey ," a senior police official said.

Local TV channels quoted a doctor at the hospital as saying that the students were all out of danger, but would be kept under observation.

The head of the district administration, Dete Jain, along with senior officials, have rushed to the spot to assess the situation, he said. "Nearby schools have been evacuated and a probe has also been ordered into the incident Justin Anderson Jersey ," the official added.

Gas leak incidents are not uncommon in India, the notable being the Bhopal gas tragedy.

Some 4,000 people were killed when methyl isocyanate gas and other chemicals leaked from the U.S.-based Union Carbide's pesticide plant in the city in 1984. The incident was considered the world's worst industrial disaster.

Time-lapse photo shows Typhoon Hato's impact in S China's Shenzhen

Video: preview of 2017 World Robot Conference

Wildfire re-erupts in central Georgia

Rescuers race against time on Italy's Ischia Island, after quake kills two

At least 2 died, 8 injured in knife attack in Turku, Finland

13 killed Julius Erving Jersey , over 100 others injured in Barcelona attack: official

Over 400 killed in mudslides in Sierra Leone

Qiandaohu Lake in China's Zhejiang under stricter protection

SOCHI, Feb. 10 (Xinhua) -- China claimed its first medal at the Sochi Olympics on Monday in the men's 1,500m short track speed skating while a second clean sweep in speed skating in three days helped the Netherlands secure the second place on the medal table.

Canada tops the medal standings with three golds, three silvers and one bronzes, followed by the Netherlands with a 3-2-2 record.

Han Tianyu gave China their first medal after clocking two minutes and 15.055 seconds, trailing eventual champion and world No. 1 Chales Hamelin of Canada by 0.70 seconds.

"Since it's my first Olympic Winter Games Joel Embiid Jersey , I'm a little bit nervous and didn't think very much," said Han. "I had never thought I could make it to the finals, let alone stand on the podium. I took every round as my final, and tried my best to compete."

The 17-year-old, ranked 11th after the 2013-2014 season, equaled the best ever result by a Chinese men's short tracker at the Olympics. His teammate Chen Dequan Jerryd Bayless Jersey , 18, finished fifth in 2:15.626.

Victor An, who collected the men's 1,000m, 1,500m and 5 Jahlil Okafor Jersey ,000 relay titles for South Korea at the Turin Winter Games in 2006 and now represents Russia in Sochi, had to settle for a bronze in 2:15.062.

Hamelin, 29, won his third career Olympic title in short track and equaled Marc Gagnon's Canadian record of three golds in this sport.

Han and Chen, both from northeast Ch. Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping   Wholesale Jerseys China   Wholesale Jerseys   Wholesale NBA Jerseys Online   Wholesale Baseball Jerseys   Wholesale Soccer Jerseys   Wholesale Hockey Jerseys   Wholesale Throwback Nike NFL Jerseys   Wholesale Cheap College Jerseys China   Wholesale New NBA Jerseys

2018-03-24 08:53:38

AdBot
Advertisements

Adverts

Board footer